Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mucha Book (Work in Progress)

So, I’m finally rolling on my Mucha book. Here’s a detail shot of the pencils to tide you over until I get the inks and colors done. (Hopefully by the end of the week)


I was inspired by Mucha’s famous posters of Sarah Bernhardt and thought I would try to update the look with a contemporary artist and choose the amazing singer, Terra Naomi. Check her out if you aren’t familiar with her. She has a gorgeous voice. (I love this version of the Leonard Cohen classic, Hallelujah)

3 comments:

albina said...

Great start! Can't wait to see it finished :)

Tim Clary said...

I worked on this a bit more tonight live in a Google+ Hangout. If any of you are on Google+ you can find me at: gplus.to/timclary

I've been having a lot of fun with the Hangouts feature. Basically Hangouts allows you to have a video chat with up to 10 people at once. I've figured out a camera setup where I can show what I'm drawing while I'm working. It's kind of awesome!

Anyways...I got a lot done today and I'm really happy with how it's turning out so far. Tomorrow I think I can finish it up. I’m looking forward to showing everyone the finished product. Sorry if I’m holding up the group (I know we said October 1st for a mailing date...I must have heard November ;)

Nat said...

Looks great, Tim! Can't wait to see it in colors. And will try google+ also.