Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tim’s Mucha/Terra Mash-Up

I’m about 95% sure this is done, so I’m posting it and going to sleep on it. Here’s a few process shots...


Loved trying to mimic the beautiful typography that Mucha used. He employed so many different styles it was tough to settle on one.


After I got to this point it took a lot of courage to start the inking on Terra.


It took another leap of faith to add color, but I did a high resolution scan at this stage just in case I ruined it.


Since I did some of the work on this live in a Google+ Hangout, I think you should all enjoy Terra’s love-letter to G+, Hangin’ Out

I used just about every drawing and painting tool in the kit for this image, including pencils, Micron pens, Pitt pens, watercolor pencils (w/wash), regular colored pencils, gold acrylic ink (w/nib pen) and Copic markers! I think it all paid off and I can’t wait to see what you guys do with it next!

Speaking of which...where does this get sent off to?

9 comments:

albina said...

where is the "love" button? Great artwork!

The Speckled Sink said...

Awesome, Tim. Love the in progress shots. You mail to Barbara. Let me know if you need me to resend her address via email.

Tim Clary said...

I can’t find Barbara’s address. Can someone email it to me at clarytp[at]gmail[dot]com Thanks.

barbaraluel said...

Is this pearl really coming my way??
Great!!!

barbaraluel said...

My book left a while ago so I'm ready and waiting!! :-D
Mail along this superb book Tim!
I,ve send you my address by mail.

Tim Clary said...

Yes, Barbara, this will be crossing the pond as they say sometime next week. Looking forward to seeing what wonders will unfold within its pages.

I’m blown away by all the gorgeous work in this group so far!

Nat said...

Great entry, just great... and it will be not easy to keep the same level ...

Joey463 said...

I like how you posted progress shots. Very nice work.

Marty Harris said...

Much ado about Something!

Fine work friend. I think that you enjoyed making this picture. It shows.