Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tim's Intro

Hey gang, I’m Tim, an artist and graphic designer living in northern New York State. I really love these kinds of collaborative art projects and have participated in several since I first saw the 1000Journals project years ago. I really love the Moly_X concept and even drove halfway across the country to see the exhibit that Marty (the project’s founder) put together in Minneapolis! You can see some images from the show on the Moly_X_Life blog. I also filmed several of the books on display there and you can find those on my YouTube channel.

I’ve had variable success with Moly_X but I’m hopeful for this group. I think we’ve got an exciting concept and as long as everyone communicates we should have a ton of fun. I chose Alphonse Mucha as my artist. His elegant Art Nouveau style has long been a favorite of mine and I’m hoping I can put an interesting 21st century spin on this master.


You can find my work at my flickrstream, on my infrequently updated blog as well as Moly_X Portraits#2. I just joined Google+ as well and have been having fun posting about art and music and other random internet stuff.

5 comments:

Tim Clary said...

Have we decided which moly are we using for these, the large folding one or the small?

And can whoever set this up add us all as admins to this blog. I'd like to add links to all of our flickr pages in the menu on the right. (Look for Settings>Permissions)

barbaraluel said...

Wonderful !!! MUCHA !!! I am very excited about this exchange! Still hesitating for my artist... I think I try a totally different style :)
I would like to maybe use the large folding one?

barbaraluel said...

Good idea to add links to the Flickr pages for everybody! I am quite new to using blogs so I don't know how to do it and am still quite clumsy...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara_luel/

Nat said...

WOW!!! Tim such a cool entry!

Tim Clary said...

Whoa...let's not get carried away Nat! That's an image from Mucha himself NOT my entry! I wish! Just posted it for those who may not know who the artist is. I haven't started my book yet.